- What is the GradPathways Institute for Professional Development?
- The GradPathways Institute for Professional Development (GPI) is the central resource for graduate student and postdoctoral scholar professional development at UC Davis. Through innovative navigational and curricular tools, GPI is the best place to start exploring the entire enhanced professional development ecosystem at UC Davis.
- I am a Postdoctoral Scholar; can I use the GradPathways resources?
- Yes. All UC Davis postdoctoral scholars are eligible to use GradPathways resources.
- I am an undergraduate student; can I use the GradPathways resources?
- No. The GradPathways Institute only serves UC Davis graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. There are a number of excellent resources devoted to undergraduate professional development that can be found through Student Affairs among other campus units.
- I am a staff researcher; can I use the GradPathways resources?
- No. The GradPathways Institute only serves UC Davis graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. But all UCD staff have access to Staff Development and Professional Services which provides a wide-variety of professional development resources.
- I am a student or staff researcher from a different university; can I use the GradPathways resources?
- No, the services offered by the GradPathways Institute are only available for UC Davis graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
- Do I have to register to attend a workshop?
- Generally speaking, registration is highly encouraged. We recommend registering for every event that you are interested in, but it is also okay if you show up to some events without previously registering. Some events are capped at a specific attendance and those who show up at the door without prior registration might be turned away. Our general advice: if there's a registration, register.
- What is Professors for the Future?
- Professors for the Future (PFTF) is a year-long competitive fellowship program designed to recognize and develop the leadership skills of outstanding graduate students and postdoctoral scholars who have demonstrated their commitment to professionalism, integrity, and academic service. This unique program, sponsored by Graduate Studies, focuses on the future challenges of graduate education, postdoctoral training, and the academy. Professors for the Future is designed to prepare UC Davis doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars for an increasingly competitive marketplace and a rapidly changing university environment.
- What is Leaders for the Future?
- A cross-campus collaboration between the Internship and Career Center, the Mike and Renee Child Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and the GradPathways Institute for Professional Development, this nine-month program helps Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars connect with applied experiences beyond academia through immersive career experiences (internships, job shadowing, projects) while supporting business and innovation skills development.
- How do I make an appointment with a:
- Graduate Writing Fellow?
Please sign up for a consultation using this link.
Teaching Assistant Consultant?
Go to https://cee.ucdavis.edu/teaching-assistant-consulting-fellows and scroll down. On the right side, look for a button that says "Request a Consultation." Sign in with your CAS/Kerberos to schedule a consultation.
Please sign up via Handshake at this link.
Graduate Student Counselor?
Please go to shcs.ucdavis.edu/counseling-services or call 530-752-0871.
Please go to https://www.hr.ucdavis.edu/departments/asap/appts.
- How is GradPathways supported?
- The GradPathways Institute is supported through a combination of candidacy fees, donor sponsorship, and Graduate Studies.
- What is the Graduate Center at Historic Walker Hall?
- Opening at the start of Fall Quarter 2020, the Graduate Center will promote interdisciplinary interactions and build community by serving students and postdoctoral scholars. The Graduate Center will house a variety of spaces including office space, a quiet writing room, a parent study lounge, informal interaction areas, small meeting rooms and conference rooms for graduate student events. In addition, the Graduate Center will house a variety of graduate student services, including the GradPathways Institute for Professional Development, diversity resources, counseling and advising.
- Where can I access videos of past GradPathways workshops?
- Please see our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8lweLi7r9j1LjMvI53ed3w.