Professors for the Future is a competitive, professional development and leadership program for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars at UC Davis.
Each year we select 15 Ph.D. candidates and postdoctoral scholars to participate in this yearlong fellowship.
We encourage Ph.D. candidates and postdoctoral scholars of any discipline and background who have demonstrated a commitment to professionalism, integrity and academic service to apply.
Through PFTF you will:
- Enhance your leadership and professional skills
- Learn more about the university system
- Gain insider’s knowledge of the nuances of academia as an institution
- Develop and execute a project that benefits the graduate community at UC Davis
You must be currently enrolled as a Ph.D. candidate or employed as a postdoctoral scholar (title codes: 3252, 3253, 3254, 3255, 3256) at UC Davis to be eligible. (Your Ph.D. candidacy must begin no later than the start of the fellowship year or you must be a current UC Davis postdoctoral scholar from the start of the program and throughout the fellowship year.)
You also must attend all required PFTF meetings, retreats, courses and reception.
To apply for this competitive fellowship,
follow these steps:
1. Fill out this application form.
Be sure to include your:
- Potential for leadership and academic service
- Commitment to the academy and scholarly pursuits
- Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Desire to contribute to graduate education and/or postdoctoral training by designing and completing a project beneficial to other students and scholar
2. Obtain a recommendation
Obtain a recommendation using this recommendation form. Recommendations must be submitted online by the person making the recommendation.
January 2023: PFTF application process opens.
Friday, February 24, 2023: PFTF application process closes.
Spring Quarter: PFTF fellows selected. A new class of PFTF fellows is announced.